You might have noticed that there has been a rash of upgrades and updates coming from Efofex over the last three weeks. It has been an extremely busy time for us, mostly for reasons not of our making.
Unfortunately, the release of FX Draw 6 and FX Graph 6 happened to coincide with the releases of Windows 10, Office 2016 and OS X “El Capitan” which has created a storm of incompatibilities of epic proportions.
The problems started when WIndows 10 prevented us from using a particular location for our Word integration. That prompted a fairly major change in how we integrate into Word. Then we found that the combination of Office 2016 and El Capitan also proved problematic and forced more changes on how our products run. Then we discovered that to get the required changes to run on El Capitan, we needed to change the version of a major 3rd party component of our products. This created a slew of minor incompatibilities as varied as registration files being deleted and some degrees signs showing up as a Chinese character. It also means that we can no longer support OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) for future versions. Over the last three weeks we have logged over 100 changes to the products when we usually would log about 3.
The good news is that the storm seems to have passed.
1. Our products now run smoothly on Windows 10.
2. Word integration problems on Windows machines are largely solved but there still may be some residual issues for customers installing on machines that are not set to English.
3. Our products now work correctly on Office 2016 for Windows and Mac
4. Our products now run on OSX El Capitan and we have provided legacy copies for users of Snow Leopard.
5. We believe that we have completed the transition to the new version of the 3rd party component.
As this is being written, we have no outstanding issues with any products and you can freely install them on your machines.